There are many things you can do to get ready for your hospital stay and the birth of your baby. Using the following checklist may help you to feel more prepared.
During your 3rd to 4th month of pregnancy
- Pre-register for the hospital.
- Register for childbirth and baby care classes.
- Register for breastfeeding class.
- Register for a tour of the hospital.
- Begin your search for a doctor or clinic for your baby.
During your 5th to 6th month of pregnancy
- Make a decision about circumcision if you have a boy.
- Choose a car seat and learn how to use it safely.
- Learn about options for pain management in labor.
- Register for a sibling class.
- Make a final choice for baby’s doctor or clinic.
At least a month before your due date
- Organize your household.
- Arrange for help with household chores and for help after the baby comes.
- Pack a bag for mom.
- Pack a bag for baby.
- Safely secure the car seat into your car.
- If you plan to return to work or school, begin your search for child-care.
- Make sure your baby's doctor's office knows about your choice of doctor for your